In honor of National Masturbation Month, here are 27 reasons you should masturbate today!
1. The obvious: It feels $%*#ing amazing!
2. It’s risk free. Have you ever heard of anyone catching a sexual transmitted infection from his or herself? Ahhh, no! Masturbation does not expose you to any sexual transmitted infections or pregnancy.
3. It helps you practice abstinence.
4. Masturbation enhances your mood by releasing feel good hormones such as endorphins, oxytocin and serotonin. These hormones activate feelings of relaxation and help minimize feelings of anxiety and depression, according to Laura Berman, Ph.D., an assistant clinical professor of ob-gyn and psychiatry at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University.
5. It helps you have a sounder sleep. The same endorphins that help you relax can also prep you for a deep slumber.
6. It helps ease pain such as headaches. A study conducted at the Headache Clinic at Southern Illinois University found that female participants that suffer from migraines reported relief after climaxing.
7. Masturbation is good for your sex life. Learning how to please yourself will help you communicate your needs and wants better to your partner.
8. It can aid as a muscle relaxant.
9. Ladies, it helps relieve chronic back pain and increases your threshold for pain.
10. It can boost your self-esteem. Wake up….flawless
11. You can practice your start, stop technique, which can help you last longer during sex.
12. Fellas, it was discovered men who ejaculate more are less likely to be diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.
13. Ladies, it strengthens your pelvic muscles.
14. Fellas, a study conducted by Australian researchers discovered masturbation helps improve your immune system. According to Jennifer Landa, M.D., a specialist in hormone therapy, “Masturbation can product the right environment for a strengthened immune system.”
15. It helps you become besties with your body.
16. Ladies, masturbation builds your resistance to yeast infections, according to FOX news.
17. Masturbation is an energetic pick-me-up.
18. Have you ever watched a super intense porn video? You know that feeling of being aroused? Masturbating in front of your partner can stimulate more intense arousal.
19. It can also lead to a greater sexual gratification.
20. As well as shake things up in your relationship.
21. You'll feel fierce & sexy.
22. In between partners or a dry spell, masturbation helps your body stay sexual.
23. The clitoris is a mystery for most women; masturbation helps you uncover that mystery.
24. Ladies, you may discover your clitoris is actually larger (or smaller) than you think.
25. Through masturbation, may discover how far (or close) your clitoris is from (or to) your vagina.
26. You don’t have to worry about your partner not being in the mood. You can give him or her the middle finger and self-satisfy.27. Lastly, and once again the obvious, it’s F-ing AMAZING!